REGISTER | LOGIN
Weekdays noon - 3pm et / weekends 9am - noon et
Sirius | XM Satellite Radio
Call Andrew at 1-866-95-patriot
Book AndrewFree Trial

General » Calderone at it again

marnesdad
3 years, 10 months ago
When did 'business stand up' for the practice of breaking the law again?... I must have missed that.... As for your 'elitist' nonsense, what 'events' are you talking about?? Or, are you one of those 'the sky is [now] falling, my-government-is-taking-over-industry' nutbags who have been fast alseep for the past several decades? The drug cartels have declared war on the US before?... These are criminals, nav. Nothing more.
nav68
3 years, 10 months ago
The drug cartels, just criminals? My, my, talk about being asleep at the switch. Your lack of knowledge about those "criminals" is NOT amazing. As for bisiness standing up for breaking the law, that doesn't even merit a response beyond this sentence.
marnesdad
3 years, 9 months ago
"As for bisiness standing up for breaking the law, that doesn't even merit a response beyond this sentence." Look, Nav... if you make a silly claim and then can't back it up, just say so.... Why the transparent sidestep?
nav68
3 years, 9 months ago
It isn't a transparent sidestep. Business breaking the law: where do you start? How many businesses have been prosecuted over how many years for violations of every kind? How many manufactured bankruptcys have occurred over the years? I mean, where do you start? How many agribusinesses have used illegal labor for how many years? Farm labor? How about nuclear power plants? Major linen services? Hotel chains? I mean, really. Are you truly serious?
marnesdad
3 years, 9 months ago
Businesses do break the law, but where did they publicly and outwardly stand up for the practice of hiring illegals?? They break the law because there is literally no downside. They pay a fine... Whatever.... They still save way more than it costs to settle a couple of slaps on the wrist each year. Business has never spoken out on the NEED to hire illegals, but it is assumed, by politicians and anyone with a brain that without illegal employees, stuff would cost more... My point isn't to argue that business needs or doesn't need illegals, or this silly public message you say they've conveyed--the point is that as long as business hires these people, the people will come across the border. If the American people want to truly be free of the illegal immigration problems in this country, basics are going to cost more... there'so way around that. BUT, the problem will be solved. Get tough on your politicians to get tough on business, and deal with the immigrant-free economic fallout... Otherwise, everybody should just shut up.
RetNavyPatriot
3 years, 9 months ago
Let's start with you first smarmy - STFU!
nav68
3 years, 9 months ago
Publicly and outwardly. When did that become the focus here? It only counts if they OPENLY advocate for illegal alien labor? Sorry, I missed the narrowed focus. Actually, you've simply set up a straw argument here and then knocked it down. Of course the pressure is not applied openly. The assumption by pols is the same crap peddaled by some business, who have, actually, made statements in re illegals doing labor that others won't (issued as statements of fact, not as behind the scenes political pressure). It's a bullshit argument, but it's come from the general business sector more than once.
marnesdad
3 years, 9 months ago
You said it... "Business leaders have already stood up for the practice of hiring wet labor."... I'm just trying to get you to clarify your statement. When did business leaders do this? ....

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.