REGISTER | LOGIN
Weekdays noon - 3pm et / weekends 9am - noon et
Sirius | XM Satellite Radio
Call Andrew at 1-866-95-patriot
Book AndrewFree Trial

General » Why illegal immigrants are unfair competition to the American workers:

nav68
2 years, 9 months ago
If purely economic concerns were the issue, your solution(s) might well be preferrable. A concern, too, is national security. Of course, one could envision eliminating quotas, which goes to the heart of the problem, whereby you would grant entry to all. However, at some point the quota systrem is going to kick in. People tend far more to immigrate here than emmigrate. The numbers allowed in need to be balanced with what we can accomodate (loosely) at any given time. But step up enforcement. If you can go through a port of entry and be allowed in to work or whatever, then you shouldn't need to jump the line. Dopers will, other criminals will, terrorists are likely to try. Also, those wanting in need to be screened. We have zero obligation to let convicted felons enter, as well as other unsavory types. So, those who want to entry through ports of entry need a background check. Anyone who tries to jump the line enters a free fire zone. I could go on forever about the pros and cons of restricted entry. I would tend to favor your approach, IF there is SERIOUS enforcement and border protection, and the various tweaks that would become necessary are handled via common sense. Fat chance.
crossofcrimson
2 years, 9 months ago
"If purely economic concerns were the issue, your solution(s) might well be preferrable." - Well, nav68, if you followed the beginning of the conversation you would see that this was, very specifically, what I discovered the contention to be. "A concern, too, is national security." - This is a worthy discussion and I wouldn't mind having it. But given the focus that I'm at least trying to give to one aspect (the one he found contentious), it would probably best be left to a separate thread perhaps (I still think it's a very valid concern, of course). The same follows for the rest of your tangential arguments.
crossofcrimson
2 years, 9 months ago
nav68, the following video contains a condensed/shortened version of some of the arguments and points I have in mind more generally...(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYk00Ufiqb4)
lili00
2 years, 9 months ago
Crossofcrimson, you are correct (for once), the chalupa is at $2. I did an undecover TACO BELL investigation to find the real reason why people are coming to the US: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lili1814/5943633150/
crossofcrimson
2 years, 9 months ago
I was going to lay out a well-thought response but I think I have a meeting with fate in my near future...that fate's name being Taco Bell.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.