REGISTER | LOGIN
Weekdays noon - 3pm et / weekends 9am - noon et
Sirius | XM Satellite Radio
Call Andrew at 1-866-95-patriot
Book AndrewFree Trial

General » Republican are suppose to be sooooo religious

TheLeft
2 years, 10 months ago
I am so sick and tired of hearing republicans talk about how there should be less government - especially when it comes to health care. You guys are so religious - against abortions, gay marriage - all for religious reasons. But, doesn't the bible also say feed the poor and take care of the sick? It doesn't say "only take care of your own." It doesn't say "only if they tried to find a job." And, if it takes the government to help feed the poor, then so be it. You talk so much about how people scam welfare...that is peanuts compared to how big corporations are offered higher tax cuts than the average american citizen. I am tired of democrate caving in to republicans, so I am now an independent. But, I assure you this, I will never be a republican. If you had it your way, you would take away a women's right to choose, allow sick people to die because they have no money, allow those who can be cured with stem cell therapy to die b/c of your ignorant view on stem cell research and lack of knowledge regarding embryology, big corporations will continue to recieve huge tax breaks while jobs creation remains extremely low, etc. I do not know how any middle-class american can accept the views of a republican - it just doesn't make any sense to me.
sgtarky
2 years, 10 months ago
<i> But, doesn't the bible also say feed the poor and take care of the sick</i><p> it doesnt say for the government to steal from others to do it either.YOU , YOURSELF, your church YES. government has pushed the church out of the way. the stem cell debate, no the fed gov shouldnt fund it. private companies YES. you seem to think if the government doesnt fund it , it doesnt get done. government has a track record of funding unsuccessful ideas, most recently Solyndra.
nav68
2 years, 10 months ago
Part of the unthinking rant; if you don't support congress's inefficient, wasteful, unethical theft of tax dollars to support programs that are, at best, left to local and state governments, why you're just heartless. My take is that such Great Concern comes from liberal-progressives. Their minds are so open, their brains have fallen out. Which is OK, as long as you keep your damn hands out of my pocket.
Itchy
2 years, 10 months ago
no 1, I am not religious so I can give two craps what the bible says. No 2, if you want to feed the poor and care for the sick, do it with your own money, not forcing to government to do it with my money. When you do that, you take away my right to choose, reducing my freedom. No 3, comparing taxes from a corporate business to taxes of an individual is absolutely ludicrous. Individuals work and run those corporations and businesses. Each pay taxes and contribute to our society. You can bash corporations all you want, but like it or not, they are necessary for this country to function. The luxuries of your life, whether the car you drive, the food you eat, or the computer you use to debate us with, are all possible because of corporations.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.