REGISTER | LOGIN
Weekdays noon - 3pm et / weekends 9am - noon et
Sirius | XM Satellite Radio
Call Andrew at 1-866-95-patriot
Book AndrewFree Trial

Today's Show » Another One Broken

marnesdad
2 years, 7 months ago
I love how Wilkow needs to throw out everything he's claimed he has learned about supply and demand in order to blame Obama for high gas prices... Seems that Andrew keeps forgetting to mention that we're producing more oil domestically. YES! We're producing MORE oil in the US. A relatively mild winter and substantially increased domestic production should equate to lower prices... which PROVES that what we're doing (and what Obama can do) is irrelevant to today's gas price. Instead, Wilkow looks to the BLM numbers on royalties derived from leases, by year... citing this huge difference between 2008 and 2009. What he doesn't mention, of course, is what happened in 2007... 2006... and prior years -- which were all significantly lower than 2008. He also doesn't mention that royalties from 2011 leases were the third largest ever. I should also point out that this particular stat is MEANINGLESS. What do royalties on a particular year's lease sales have to do with production? Supply? Demand? .... Gas Prices? NOTHING. Setting aside for a moment that lease sales are just as dependent on energy companies 'wanting to buy the leases' as they are on the government offering, the fact that royalties were "down" in 2009 while US domestic production was UP in 2009 is proof positive that Wilkow is just another frustrated talking head who's cherrypicking nonsense data and presenting it as something it's not...
marnesdad
2 years, 7 months ago
Also, I laughed when Wilkow talked about Carter's percentage increase on the price of gas compared to Obama's percentage increase on the price of gas... "Obama is worse than Carter"... .... Of course, we'll have to forget that the actual price of gas is still not as high as it was in 2008. (So, at least Obama isn't as bas as Bush, yet)... LOL.
marnesdad
2 years, 7 months ago
I should point out that in the first post above the 'revenues' from leases in 2011 were the third highest ever, not the 'royalties'.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.