REGISTER | LOGIN
Weekdays noon - 3pm et / weekends 9am - noon et
Sirius | XM Satellite Radio
Call Andrew at 1-866-95-patriot
Book AndrewFree Trial

Today's Show » "I hate to be right here..."

marnesdad
1 year, 8 months ago
It's okay, Andrew... you're not even close. Today your GM bashing relies on... surprise... another op-ed written by... surprise again... another person with an overdeveloped political agenda. Woodhill's premise in the Forbes piece (which was crushed by two other op-eds putting Woodhill in his place) is that GM is "heading for bankruptcy again" because their market share is eroding, their stock price is falling and the Malibu isn't such a great car. I'll dismantle each point below with perfectly executed FACT -- and not 'analysis' void of the same.
marnesdad
1 year, 8 months ago
GM still enjoys the largest share of the North American market. Let me write that again, GM STILL has the greatest market share in North America. Trying to make a drop in market share look more bleak by comparing it to forty years ago before 'foreign cars' even existed is right in line with the types of 'points' that Wilkow tries to score himself... The fact remains that even with a slight erosion over last year (largely due to the recovery from the affects of the Japanese earthquake), GM still has the most market share.
marnesdad
1 year, 8 months ago
GM's stock has lost a significant amount of value since the IPO. Woodhill compares the loss (-39%) to the performance of the Dow instead of the automotive industry (As if to suggest that Merck, Verizon, WalMart and GM are all pretty much the same). He compares GM to the Dow because that makes GM look like they're just bleeding value. He doesn't compare them to, say, FORD because THEIR stock has lost 40% over the same period. So, if GM is truly "heading for bankruptcy" then they should ask Ford to save them a seat... Wilkow may want to rethink that fancy new Ford.
marnesdad
1 year, 8 months ago
Finally, the Malibu?? Seriously?... He says GM is heading for bankruptcy because the Malibu didn't score as high in a rating by Car & Driver. Wow, that's scientific. Besides the fact that he can't even BEGIN to explain any correlation between Car & Driver ratings and actual sales, exactly how would this make GM go bankrupt? I guess if the Malibu was the only model they sell, and not representing only 10% of their sales, then he could be right. Hell, if they never sold another Malibu in 2012, they'd still sell as many cars as Ford and Chrysler.
Southbamacop
1 year, 7 months ago
Follow this link and recognize the COMPLETE line of RED in the GM information..... http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-autosales.html

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.