REGISTER | LOGIN
Weekdays noon - 3pm et / weekends 9am - noon et
Sirius | XM Satellite Radio
Call Andrew at 1-866-95-patriot
Book AndrewFree Trial

Today's Show » Health Care

Home » Forums » Today's Show » Health Care (4 posts)
H3llraiser1
4 years, 12 months ago
I am a soldier and involved in the Military's version of universal health care. I love that My Family and I have health care. I am not a liberal in uniform so I do not bash my organization, I love what I do. With that the headaches I have come across with health care are endless. One issue is the hypochondriacs, that go for every little issue and slow down the process of being seen. If your child gets sick and has a fever of 102' you dont get to call the family doctor and have your child seen. Most of the time you are looking at eight hours in an emergency room with a 2 week wait for an actual appointment. My at the time two year old son developed pneumonia that took nearly two months to catch. Instances like that scare me, and I fear that if health care passed it would become worse for civilians. Me and others like me work too hard to insure your freedom to choose, God help you if that choice is taken from you.
mhambletonatc
4 years, 12 months ago
Great show today, Andrew. I liked how you took out the guy who said abortion was a right with a gun analogy. I used that argument in a similar fasion when I contacted my senator, Debbie Stabenow, here in Michigan concerning my opposition to Government Healthcare. The following is her response, and then my response to her. From: senator@stabenow.senate.gov To: mhambletonatc@hotmail.com Subject: Re: Americans Should NOT Pay More for Universal Health Care Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 16:30:07 -0400 April 8, 2009 Mr. Matt Hambleton Thank you . . . . . for contacting me regarding your opposition to universal health care coverage. I understand your concerns. When it comes to health care, our families and businesses are in a serious crisis. High health care costs are causing cuts in benefits and increases in premiums, adding to the ranks of the uninsured at alarming rates. But the impact of this problem goes beyond individual families. Skyrocketing health care costs make our businesses less competitive in the global marketplace and cost us good-paying jobs. We are already paying for the uninsured through overuse of the emergency room-the most inefficient and expensive way of providing care. I believe that health care is a right, not a privilege. There is no doubt that the problems we face are complex, but there are real solutions. We can create a system that is uniquely American and shares the cost between the government, businesses, and individuals in a way that is fair and equitable. Now is the time to show the political will to tackle these issues because there is so much at stake. I am committed to working with both my Democratic and Republican colleagues on the Senate Finance Committee to find solutions to America's health care crisis. Thank you again for contacting me. Please don't hesitate to do so again if my office can be of assistance to you or your family. Sincerely, Debbie Stabenow United States Senator My Response: Senator Stabenow, Thank you for your response. I humbly respect your opinion that healthcare is a right. Since you believe that rights should be provided by the government, will you please send me a check for $659.95 so that I may purchase the "Glock G20 10mm Auto Full Size Compensated" that I have had my eyes on for a while. The details may be viewed as advertised at: http://www.thearmory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product1057.html I would like the government to provide me with this gun since the 2nd Amendment is a right that allows me to bear arms. And that is a fact. Sincerely, MattHambleton I am still waiting for a response.
protectliberty
4 years, 12 months ago
@mhambleton I have a right to free press so I want my own TV station...that email is the sh*# were up against. That's an elected official. WOW
mhambletonatc
4 years, 12 months ago
@protectliberty: A free press, that's another fine example. They apparently don't see the hypocrisy of this bill. It would be nice if they atleast read it this time.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.