REGISTER | LOGIN
Weekdays noon - 3pm et / weekends 9am - noon et
Sirius | XM Satellite Radio
Call Andrew at 1-866-95-patriot
Book AndrewFree Trial

Today's Show » Medical Device Tax

Rearden
4 years, 9 months ago
I'm glad Andrew brought up this nasty little "hidden tax" in the current medical reform legislation - and he did a great job of outlining why it's such a bad idea. I work for a major medical device manufacturer, so we got an internal memo on this just before the news agencies picked up on it. I can do nothing but throw my hands up an roll my eyes at this point - the Democrats in charge of coming up with these idiotic ideas just amaze me. Who would believe this type of tax would NOT be passed on directly to paying consumers? (Most recent Fox story here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/02/medical-devices-taxed-baucus-health/)
marnesdad
4 years, 9 months ago
Ah, a voice of reason.... "Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., wrote in a letter to Baucus that the tax "will seriously threaten thousands of American jobs and deter innovation." There are "many other ways to save money in health care," he said."
BradM
4 years, 9 months ago
Ah…the exception that proves the rule.
chrissmitty820
4 years, 9 months ago
As much as I don't like Franken personnally, he does seem to be doing a decent job so far. I still think he's an unfunny a**hole.
Rearden
4 years, 9 months ago
That's pretty amazing. Franken's personality really grates on me, always has, but at least he isn't toeing the party line. Let's hope he sticks with it at vote time if this language stays in the bill. Thanks for that info, marnesdad.

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.