REGISTER | LOGIN
Weekdays noon - 3pm et / weekends 9am - noon et
Sirius | XM Satellite Radio
Call Andrew at 1-866-95-patriot
Book AndrewFree Trial

The Wilkow Majority » State Sovereignty Information??

rattlehead
4 years, 3 months ago
With the "Total Media Blackout", it's very difficult to get updated information let alone correct information via the internet. Is there any more talk of State Sovereignty or even whispers of SECESSION!! Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks from a middle class true Southern conservative...
ladagency
4 years, 3 months ago
I assume you are reacting to the upcoming nationalization of Health insurance. State sovereignty is a 10th, 11th, and 14th Amendment issue. Some also bring up state Nullification. Nullification was defeated by Pres. Andrew Jackson, the first Democrat president. Most recently, Obama's intentional interference with contract and violation of bankruptcy law in the Indiana Penson vs. Chrysler, LLC case was set aside by Justice Ginsburg, but just granted 'cert' to be heard before the U.S. Supreme Court after being resubmitted. Bankruptcy law is quasi-state and federal, but contract is contract and Obama 'screwed' over the pensioners favoring the UAW, which violated contract and bypassed the bankruptcy process. Health Insurance is a clearer case. Millions of subscribers contract for health insurance. In addition, the states officially 'charter' insurance companies to operate in their jurisdiction. There is a legitimate state interest concerning the 'health, safety, and welfare' of their citizens. The Obama Healthcare Reform Act violates citizen contract with their health insurance. That health insurance is often directly owned by associations of doctors, as well as investors. The right of the state to exercise legal authority over insurance companies is also violated. Therefore, this is the State's Rights issue . . . not one of Seccesion. I think Alaska and Texas are the only states that have a chance at secession . . . the other contiguous or continental states would have a harder time justifying leaving the Union.
Heidi
4 years, 3 months ago
I'd like to see Texas suceed jus'cause! With as many refineries as Texas has, we could hold the whole country by the bawls!

Post a Reply

Please login to post a reply.